SC - HELP!!!!!

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:47:23 PDT 1998

Korrin S DaArdain wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:11:41 +1000 (EST) The Cheshire Cat
> <sianan at geocities.com> writes:
> <SNIP>
> >However, they recently produced a guest list of 347 people.  Here's
> where I'm choking a little bit.  Most of the events I've cooked for
> usually only hit the 50 - 75 people mark, 100 people tops.  Does any of
> the more experience cooks have any advice on how to organise this
> 'feeding of the masses' and any recipes for nice food, that is reletively
> simple and can be mass produced?
> Thanks to all
> -A rather desperate Sianan<
>
> 1: get a staff of about 40 to 50 kitchen workers that know what they are
> doing. Unless you decide on a potluck.

This sounds like too many cooks ready to spoil the soup!  A group of 10
committed to the job for the day, as opposed to volunteering for short shifts
like at an event, would do the job better.  You and these or other cooks will
have to do some prep work during the week leading up to the wedding.

Perhaps serving and cleaning help is included in the 40 to 50 above, I'm not
counting anything but cooks.  Put two somebodies you can work with in charge
of these other groups of volunteers.

Bonne