SC - Pretending we're at Pennsic

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 09:01:03 PDT 1998

The stew and scones sound lovely, but here in Central Caid (where it plans to
be 107 degrees today) we need something *cold*!

My I offer my Rose Syrup Julep? May not be authentic, but goes down nice on a
hot day:

For each serving:

3 T. rose syrup (can be found in the Middle Eastern section of larger
supermarkets)

3 T.  lemon juice

Fresh mint leaves OR dried mint leaves OR a strong infusion of mint leaves, to
taste.

Club soda or white wine

Combine rose syrup, lemon juice and mint in a big glass. Fill glass with ice.
Top off with club soda or white. Garnish with a sprig of mint or a slice of
lemon and enjoy.

All ingredients can, of course, be adjusted to taste.

For those who want something hot, or for (sigh) winter time, leave out the
ice, make a cup of strong mint tea and add the rose syrup and lemon. Great for
fighting off a cold, too!

Renata