SC - Kids and feasts

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Tue Aug 4 10:12:12 PDT 1998

I am bidding to be Kitchen Steward, for my shires winter event, it will
be a German dinner with Sauerbraten as the main course. My question for
all the cooks who didn't go to Pennsic and those answering afterward is
this, should there be a seperate childrens course and sitting area? If
yes where should this be in the feast area. And should the kinder be
given the last  course first or should they be given something special (
not regular feast) such as hot dogs or Hamburgers?

I also would like to have the feast seated as to precedence ( Highest
ranking member of family) i.e. If Duke Joe and Countess Jo Anne come to
the event together then they would sit with the other Dukes and Duchess'.
 Is this asking to much of the heralds and has this been done in any
feast you all have attended.  The event is in January but preparation
begins now.

Thanks for any help and advice in advance,

Thorbjorn Bjornson  AoA  Shire of Oakheart,  Calontir