SC - Kids and feasts

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 11:35:06 PDT 1998

> should there be a seperate childrens course and sitting area? If
>  yes where should this be in the feast area. And should the kinder be
>  given the last  course first or should they be given something special (
>  not regular feast) such as hot dogs or Hamburgers?

We've done this to great sucess here in Nottinghill, because frankly,( with
some exceptions) kids aren't very adventurous as a rule. Since the object is,
in my poor opinion, a good time being had by all, and given most kids don't
give a fig about period foods, tis best to supply what they'd eat. The kids
are happy.. the parents are happy... everybody has fun.

>  I also would like to have the feast seated as to precedence ( Highest
>  ranking member of family) i.e. If Duke Joe and Countess Jo Anne come to
>  the event together then they would sit with the other Dukes and Duchess'.
>   Is this asking to much of the heralds and has this been done in any
>  feast you all have attended.  The event is in January but preparation
>  begins now.

We've tried this a couple of times. In truth, it was much more trouble than it
was worth. Your milage may vary. For a REALLY spiff event, maybe.

Corwyn