Small Children & recognizable food (was Re: SC - Kids andfeasts)

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 16:01:47 PDT 1998

<< I had similar thoughts of children needing to eat the same food.....untiI
 had close friends with small children.  The they do tend to be fussy
 eaters and become unhappy and underfed when faced with 'odd'
 things. >>

I still believe what my mother and grandmother always said, that a child is a
fussy eater only if you let them get away with it.  This goes for cats too,
but that's another story. . .

I've always wondered why it is an automatic reaction here in the US to give a
child that is a fussy eater "familiar" food, where an adult is supposed to be
able to adapt or change their tastes.  Wouldn't it be easier to have children
eat the same things adults do to make them more accepting of new tastes?

Noemi