SC - Lamingtons

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Thu Aug 6 06:35:05 PDT 1998

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:17:40 +1000  "HICKS, MELISSA" <HICKS_M at casa.gov.au>
writes:

>Lamingtons are squares (usually cubes 2" each axis) of sponge cake
>with
>a soft chocolate icing covered in desiccated coconut.  Occasionally
>they
>are sliced in the middle and filled with mock cream.

A cross between snowballs and Hostess cupcakes!!! Gee, and it sounds so
high class. :-) I think we need to change the name of some of our junk
food.

>Now what *I* would like to try is a legendary American Twinkie.  Just
>so
>I can say I've had one .....

Yuck! You can have them. In fact, we could probably send you some. They
probably wouldn't taste a whole lot differently when they got there than
they do from the store up here. Talk about preservatives! I've seen those
things sit on shelves for months without molding or getting a whole lot
drier than they are to start with.

>Meliora.

Julleran