SC - Lamingtons and kids' food

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:58:43 PDT 1998

> As to children, I've only come across one person who was genuinely
> fussy about food. >snip<:  he has a total diet of about 5 items, and all of them have
> to be shop-bought.  I didn't realise how deeply the guest-law is
> ingrained until he came to stay for a week the first time.  And he's
> 30 years old.  Please, don't let anyone's kids turn out like this.
>
> Cairistiona

Actually, I know one young fellow like this. A teen with an acceptable food
list about 5 items long and on bad days not even those foods.  His is an
actually eating disorder that developed in his early teens (during which he
was having other psychological problems).  It actually pains him greatly to be
so difficult in the first place, and on top of that so easily "grossed out" by
 non-food situations that then affects his interest in eating at all. He'll
break through it someday, in the meantime, he avoids situations where his
carry bag of snacks can't be carried along.

Bonne