SC - So ya wanna Twinkie

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 17:36:04 PDT 1998

Shari Burnham wrote:

> Oh no you don't! i am an honest to goodness yahn- kee, and I love moonpies and
> have always bought them up here (WI)  but we got something that has always been
> Wis based: frozen custard and black cows.

Neither is Wisconsin unique.  Frozen custard was common across the southeast
when I was a kid. We moved from FL to KY to TX to FL to NC, I've had frozen
custard all over. Anyone that has eaten at a Dairy Queen has had the least
common denominator version. If I wrack my brain, I could tell you 3 different
regional chains and a couple of locals that sold better stuff.  But they are
probably all closed now.

If you mean "choclate ice cream and cola" float when you say black cow, that's
dead common too.  Anywhere that had ice cream parlors would have had them.
(If you meant something else, do tell.)

Bonne