SC - Safe temperatures

Wolfger von Sibenburgen wolfgervon at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 10:48:24 PDT 1998

> Wolfger said....
> Well, the "temperature danger zone" is between 40 and 140 degrees F.
As
> long as your food stays out of this area, you are pretty safe...

To which Micaylah replied...
> 	Thank you for the small lesson on kitchen
> practices but you still didn't really answer my
> question.
>
> 	Perhaps I should rephrase it.
>
> 	Given the properties inherent in cooking
> poultry, would it be wise to further cook it in a
> cooler where the "temperature danger zone" may be
> attained?

As long as the internal temperature of the chicken
remains above 140 degrees, it should be fine. I would
recommend obtaining a food service thermometer. Test
be piercing the themometer into the largest chunk of
chicken.

> 	Please don't feel that I am being vacuous
> here, I just like the idea and am exploring the
> possibility while still not wanting to poison my
> friends.

Not at all. It sounds like a great idea. But you can
be sure that I will be testing the process
thouroughly before I would implement it for others to
eat! My . . . overzealousness. . . with cleanliness
and sterilization in the kitchen is well known here
in Mooneschadowe. I've been known to raise merry hell
if a proposed procedure even SOUNDS like it might not
be safe. As long as I've been here, all our feasts
have been up to OSHA standards! 8)
  (I'll also say, happily, that no procedures really
had to be changed either!)

> 	I may be a little touchy about this at the
> moment because I am still suffering from some bad
> Gnochhi (sp?) on Monday night <spew!> :)
>
> 	Thanks
> 	Micaylah

  Gah, I hate food poisoning! (And I've had it plenty
of times!) Seriously though, if you are interested in
getting any information about a particular food-borne
illness, let me know, I can post the info privatly or
publicly. I still have my "Safe Serve" book with tons
of information.

Wolfger
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Ansteorra