SC - Darwin and people who may survive.....can apply to serfs

Nick Sasso Njs at mccalla.com
Fri Aug 14 08:54:24 PDT 1998

> It may be jaded, pesimistic and hard hearted to say, but I also
believe
> that
> in the "whole picture" the strongest really do survive. Peoples come
and
> go.
> Fact of life. The End.
>
> M.
> Does this make me a cold hearted bitch?

        Actually, no.  What you are attempting to do is maximize the
effect
of your charitable investment.  I try to do the same.

        As for Social Darwinism, who says the strongest survive.
Sometimes its the luckiest.  And with humans, possibly those who can
co-operate best or can optimize the return from their efforts will be
the winners.

        Bear

Remember that we shouldn't corrupt Darwin's Law of Evolution.  He said
that the species that is most REPRODUCTIVELY strong will survive.  Has
no direct significance to physical strength unless that is a trait
that makes you or your species or your subgroup within that species
more likely to produce offspring tht will survive to evolve to other
generations.

Social Darwinism, therefore, extends to those most able to achieve
those tasks neccessary to survive.  That could be by wheedling,
education, effort and will, legislative pity, or whatever other means.
 Those people who can acquire food, water, shelter and medical care
will and do procreate...sometimes like unto bunnies.  That makes their
genetic code more likely to survive into reproductive age.  The
homeless and tragicly impoverished are more likely to overpopulate so
that they have a better chance to genetically survive into another
generation.....Darwinianly speaking, that is.

niccolo difrancesco
(amateur student of Social Darwinism and misquoted theories......don't
even get going on Newton and his second law of motion)