SC - Finger Food without pastry ???

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Aug 14 13:18:04 PDT 1998

Well, my suggestion would be  to substitute crumbs from the rice bread recipie
sent to the list for the wheat based bread. i would have  to  experiment,  but
you may also  be  able to  substitute the rice  bread batter  for wheat  batter
for crepes or blini as  well. If you go to  tubears.com, they have listing  for
celiac recipe websites[and vegan and other allergies as well.]
http://www.javanet.com/~loehr/a/ricebred.htm is theoriginalsitefor the rice
breadrecipe. I have  been  playing around with it on my own, but i  would
recommend you follow their directions to  start with.
margali
[quick refresher- soak 3  cups rice  in  3cups water overnight with a tsp  of
salt. blenderize it  into a batter, mix  in yeast and set for  an hour to give
it the yeast  risen taste, add 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder, pour into
well  oiled baking pan and bake at 350 degf  until  testing wire comes out
clean.