SC - Roast beef

Fri Aug 21 08:26:25 PDT 1998

I've a transcript of Ein Alemannisches Buchlien von guter Speise which has a
number of recipes for Braten, nominally roast beef, but with a possible
interpretation of roasts in general.  I haven't translated any of the
recipes yet, so I can't give you any details.

IIRC, the book is mid-15th Century, about a century later than Ein Buch von
Guter Speise.

I haven't found a translation, so I'll probably get to display the
mediocrity of my language skills in translating it.

Bear