SC - HELP!!!!!

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sun Aug 23 05:21:16 PDT 1998

> This is a great idea! It's been several years since I last did a feast, but
> I'll keep this in mind for the next time. Where I live one person
> coordinates all the meals for an event - that's supper Friday, plus
> Saturday and Sunday breakfasts, Saturday lunch and feast on Saturday night.
> Supervision and planning is farmed out for all but the main feast, but
> ideally one person buys all the food. Using a spreadsheet to coordinate
> shopping lists would definitely improve cost and inventory control.
>
> Valoise

I already have a spreadsheet.  It works great.  But, always make sure to leave
room to take off a little at a time (say if you are buying piecemeal while sales
are on and can't get all of an ingredient at once).  It's a fantastic way to
shop and keep track.  In addition, make a spreadsheet that matches the
quantities back with the recipies so you can split it back up quickly when you
hit the kitchen with 22 lb of butter for 5 different recipies and need to
remember if it was 5 lb for this or 4 lb for that.

Brenna