SC - Food Handlers License

DebFlatley at aol.com DebFlatley at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 19:38:33 PDT 1998

Hello good gentles of the list!

I have been following this thread and its seems to methat some gentles are
confusing licensing with
certification.  To my way of thinking, licensing usually
involves registring with some level of goverment authority.   Certification
OTOH, would involve training
or education by a recognized professional.

A liscence may or may not imply expertise in the area that you area you hold
the liscence; it may simply mean that you filled out a form and paid some
clerk the required fee. I would feel much better knowing that someone was
certified as a food handler (or whatever you want to call it), than someone
liscened by a level of government trying to generate revenue for itself. Just
my two pence worth. ;-)

Bebinn