SC - Feast profits?

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Mon Aug 24 20:02:01 PDT 1998

> Although there are shires that are completely dependant on events for funding,
> shire's can have other means of earning their operating funds without padding
> site/food fees. I think the latter is a good thing given the continuous rise
> in mundane site charges.
>
> Ras

Depends on what padding they are doing.  I pad my bid (overestimate what I will
need for food and underestimate the attendance) to make sure we make a profit.
Some people have to do that because their coffers are so low that they cannot
afford a loss (we can usually afford a moderate loss).  Other people simply tack
an extra .50 per person on to make sure they don't lose big.  It's a small amount,
and I see nothing wrong with it.  As long as we're not talking about tacking on an
extra $3 per person, it's not that big a boost in the fee to expect a fuss over.

Brenna