SC - Food Handlers Licence

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Mon Aug 24 20:08:08 PDT 1998

>  Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I do not think it
> should necessarily be a corporate requirement. At the
> most I feel that, if there is a person with a license
> cooking at an event, a copy of their license could be
> included at troll.
>
>  As far as the county requirements, what was intended
> is that the Kitchen Steward might want to check what
> the county requires. Otherwise laws could be
> accidently broken. I do not know of any feasts where
> anyone got bad food poisoning, but strongly believe in
> avoidance.
>
>  If I eat feast, and do not know the people cooking, I
> know that I would feel safer knowing that someone in
> the kitchen had some food safety training.
>
> Just rambling...
> Wolfger

It's nice to know, but you don't need a license for that.  I have taken 5 of the
USDA and VA courses in food handling and food safety (not to mention all my
experience in food service of one type or another over the years).  Most people
who know me (and my obsessivness about safe food handling) would never think
twice while eating something I have cooked, but I have no license that states
that I am safe.  If we set the expectaion that this is a necessary thing, are we
doing a disservice to people like me who see no reason to get a piece of paper
that says what our counterparts know about us?

Brenna