SC - Food Handlers Licence

Wolfger von Sibenburgen wolfgervon at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 07:52:03 PDT 1998

- ---Brenna <sunnie at exis.net> wrote:

> It's nice to know, but you don't need a license for that.  I have
taken 5 of the
> USDA and VA courses in food handling and food safety (not to mention
all my
> experience in food service of one type or another over the years).
Most people
> who know me (and my obsessiveness about safe food handling) would
never think
> twice while eating something I have cooked, but I have no license
that states
> that I am safe.  If we set the expectation that this is a necessary
thing, are we
> doing a disservice to people like me who see no reason to get a
piece of paper
> that says what our counterparts know about us?
>
> Brenna

 I would happily eat on of your feasts, with no
reservations. Your background would seem more
than extensive enough.
 Part of my problem may stem from the fact that I
rarely go outside of my own shire (Do not have a
vehicle.) Therefore I do not really know anyone
outside of extreme North Ansteorra. As long as the
Steward does not mind me going into the kitchen area
and speak with him/her/them I would have no problems.
The problem here though, seems that if that became
too much of a regularity, the Steward might be
forced to chase people out of the kitchen with a
wooden spoon! 8)

Wolfger