SC - Weevils

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 26 09:18:54 PDT 1998

William Seibert wrote:

> To the Good Gentles talking about eating weavils; Greetings!
> Ya'll have simply GOT to go through a military survival course.  Insects are
> delicious, if properly served.  Proper serving is simple; just spend 3 or 4 days
> hiking through butt-deep snow in the Cascades with no food at all.  Come below the
> snow line and find a rotting log.  Flip over said log and chow down on all the little
> crawling things.  Only problem is, there usually isn't enough to make a satisfying
> meal.
>
> Enjoy,
> WAJDI

I invite all the parents of small children to join me in quoting from the Nathan Lane
character in "The Lion King":

"Tastes like chicken!"
"Slimy, yet satisfying!" (No, wait, that was Pumbaa.)
"Oohh, the little cream-filled kind!"

Adamantius

(P.S.: My brother was a very promising engineering student in the R.O.T.C., and _his_
military survival test featured mysterious visits from a white Caddillac with U.S. flags
on the fenders, apparently driven by the staff officer of some general or other, who
would drop off bags of fast food before vanishing again. His own contribution to the
survival repertoire was to add Fizzies to his canteen to make the water with the
purification tablets semi-palatable. Was commended for being the only cadet who came
back from the test without serious dehydration...)
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com