SC - McKendry & Horizon

RuddR at aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 10:34:26 PDT 1998

Chimene asks:

<Opinions please...

Being limited to a fixed space for cookbooks, and recently having added a
number of much more recent, authenticity-oriented titles, I was wondering
if I'd be losing much, besides the illustrations, if I let go of Maxime
McKendry's Seven Centuries Cookbook (1973) and the 2-volume Horizon
Cookbook (1968). >

I am delighted to hear that someone else has McKendry's Seven Centuries
Cookbook!  I would keep it for comparison's sake if nothing else.  I have not
used it extensively, but it has been a valuable resource to see how another
cook has dealt with specific receipts.

Rudd Rayfield