SC - Fwd: [aten] Esoteric Question

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 05:27:51 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/27/98 1:23:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:(Actually forwards)

> One of my instructors has asked me
>  to explore what the connection is between the SCA and the community we
"play"
>  in. To put it another way, what is the impact the SCA has made on
>  the community?
>
>   Or, If the SCA disappeared overnight how would the community be different?
>   So, does anyone have any ideas?

Around here we supply sources and methods for School mideaval fairs, as well
as doing demos for said Schools. I suppose on the face of it this isn't much,
but the fact is, we open a few of the kids universes to include imagination
and actual research. Not always just about the Middle Ages either... Such
incidents as a group of Cub Scouts explaining to Baron Corwyn what Cool Aid
was and how ice was common in summer there, or why I couldn't carry a bottle
of what they used for lighting back to my home, even tho it was obviously a
superior fuel.

In other words, using imagination we ignite theirs to consider things on a
basic level, not to simply assume. Here is the begining of learning.

That's one example anyway.

Corwyn