SC - HELP!!!!!

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 11:32:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/27/98 7:41:26 AM US Mountain Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<  If we were to avoid all molds as a rule, there wouldn't
 be much left for us to eat, sans fruit, most bread more than a few hours old,
 ham, salami, cheese, pickles, etc. Of course, if we're talking about molds in
 concentration, that could be a problem, but most people know how sensitive
 they may or may not be.

 Adamantius
 ____________________________
 =========================== >>

I guess I have a problem with understanding anyone who has a problem with
things that are "icky"  You can put it down to impatience.  I lived on a dairy
for twenty years.  But even before that I had a pretty good idea where food
comes from.  I was raised in a big city, but I read a lot.
And I know that an organism raised in an isolate environment, that never
encounters even benign beasties, is far more susceptible to adverse reactions
to beasties that aren't a problem for most of us.
I encourage my kids to brush their teeth twice a day, and to wash before
eating or entering the kitchen.  But I don't have a dying duck fit if I catch
them playing in a mud puddle.  I might even join them there.
And if my home made jam or jelly has a bit of benign mold on it, I scrape it
off and eat the rest.  If my home cured ham has a green spot on it, but the
rest smells and tastes okay, I cut out the green spot and eat the best ham in
thirteen kingdoms.  And I enjoy the blazes out of good organ meat, and love
the gamey taste of venison and hare and squirrel.

Don't see how anybody who has a problem with "icky" things can try to cook and
enjoy period foods.

Mordonna