SC - cooking in primative conditions

SigridPW at aol.com SigridPW at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 17:34:45 PDT 1998

I have on various and sundry occasions cooked banquets entirely outdoors and
enjoy it immensely.  The largest one was for a group of about 125 gentles.  I
have roasted whole pigs on spits, too!  Several of 'em!  It is always a lot of
fun, and depending on your level of cooking experience, not as difficult as it
may sound. I've also done prime rib, chicken, turkey (not period, but REALLY
tasty), and all the accompanying dishes.  One of the important considerations
is... do you have HELP!!  Many hands make light work, and this is doubly true
in the kitchen.  Watch out for that other cliche, though. The one about the
"too many cooks" and the resulting spoiled pot.  If you want more specific
info, please feel free to e-mail me privately, as I'm afraid it could get too
long and boring to post to the list.

Sincerely --

Lady Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee