SC - Gotta quick question

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sat Aug 29 23:39:37 PDT 1998

Micaylah,

>> Can I freeze a salad dressing with oilive and canola oils in it? <<

Before Pennsic, I was experimenting with a few things I'd gotten at Sam's
Club, such as an ENORMOUS jar of artichoke hearts, that had no pepper in
them.  I used them as the base for a mundane salad, thought that my
favorite 3 beans would combine nicely, and the herbs I use with them, and
that can of black olives, and why not do up one of those packs of
spaghettini--you get the idea.  I topped it with a raspberry dressing,
that had oil but no pepper, and when I was through had a terrific
salad--for 20.  I live alone.  Ate pasta salad for 2 days then froze the
rest to take to Pennsic.  Figured if it didn't thaw well, we'd just toss
it, but I have lots of sca family to share with.  It was fine.  The oil
was quite happy to be sloshed around a little in its zip lock bag.  So,
you can freeze it if you need to.

If anybody gets the Lifetime Supply of artichoke hearts, immediately move
them into small zip lock bags and freeze.  When I got home from Pennsic,
I took them out of the fridge and found horrid stuff.  They originally
tasted pickled, even though they were in water, so I thought they'd last.
 Expensive lesson!
You could pickle them yourself, and can, but I left my canning jars
behind on some previous move, and have this huge freezer, so, why do all
the canning work?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com