SC - artichokes?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 30 22:32:35 PDT 1998

Allison commented:
>If anybody gets the Lifetime Supply of artichoke hearts, immediately move
>them into small zip lock bags and freeze.

Are there medieval recipes using artichokes? Artichoke hearts? Are there any
European recipes with these?

I remember having artichokes at a friends house twenty-five years ago, but my
mother never cooked them. I believe she considered them too expensive for
family dinners. So it might be nice to try them again.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net