SC - culinary resources

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Aug 31 07:59:30 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie...

what do we got here in Seattle? egads and little fishies! :)

- --Pike Place Market, with farm fresh produce of all kinds including fresh
fava, cool melons/gourds, greens, herbs, and the like, much of which can be
found organic, and they'll give a great price for a banquet, AND load your
car for you if you call ahead of time.

- --Pike Place Market, with fresh catch seafood of everytype. they'll fillet
and clean at no cost. Salmon is available year round (farm raised in the
off season, from Canada) for about $4 a pound. The most beautiful halibut
you've ever seen, when its in season is about $2 a pound. We can also get
local raised chicken, lamb (Ellensburg lamb. yum!), beef, pork, and
assorted body parts for cheaper than the grocery store.

- --Pike Place Market, where we have a middle eastern grocery store (six
kinds of fava, canned and dry, pomegranite syrup, and rosewater, $4 for a
HUGE bottle), a mexican grocery store (fresh fava, Ibarra chocolate, etc),
a chinese grocery (great wrappers, fun gourds, etc), a german butcher
(WONDERFUL sausages and cone sugar) in addiition to the above mentioned
vendors.

- --Pike Place Market, home of WorldSpice (nice people and great spices,
including galingale, cubeb, grains of paradise, long pepper and saffron,
and he'll make up a batch of my poudre forte for me), and the Spanish Table
(more nice people, imported spanish sausages, cheese, wines and foods like
pickles, olive oil, etc. Also has beautiful handpainted majolica ware for
very reasonable, cassoulet dishes, and paella pans, neat olive wood
utensils, etc.

And all about two blocks from my place of work!

Other than the market, we have a huge "international district" where you
can get every kind of asian product ever seen, here in my neighborhood of
Ballard, we have a bunhc of Scandanavian specialty stores, and we have
Indian, Middle Eastern, African, Asian, Polynesian, Greek, and every other
kind of ethnicity you can think ofin the way of restaurants.

wanna come for a visit? :)
- --AM