SC - Views on British Food

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Aug 4 07:10:59 PDT 1998

found in either ethnic restaurants or people's private homes, and very
>rarely in restaurants selling British food cooked in a British style.
There's a  whole weird socio-economic-culinary history behind this; I
suggest no one gets me started.

>Adamantius
>______________________________________
>Phil & Susan Troy

Oh, please get started.  We are planning a trip to England (Scotland,
Ireland and Wales) at the end of September, and I would be interested in
your views here.  I have also just recently taught a class called the
"Tastes of Britain",  (the details and recipies of which are still in the
draft format for this list, I will post, I promise)  at which we found
lots of good food to be had from circa 1066, and the comment was made in
the class about lousy British food (not mine, of course, but the
tradition of such).  So, regale us with your views on the topic, I for
one am interested.

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies