SC - Re: SC European foods - Real Pizza

Balano1 at aol.com Balano1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 05:36:22 PDT 1998

I'd forgotten about the egg in the center of the pizzas...can anyone explain
or give a reason for it.  As I recall, it wasn't so much a hard boiled egg as
a 'sunny side up egg' cooked in the center of the pizza.  A surprise at first
but tasty!  Does it help indicate when the pizza is done or something?  We
could never figure out what would possess a cook to crack an egg onto the
center of the pizza.

 - Sister Mary Endoline