SC - Re: Smarties

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 17:27:20 PDT 1998

Osburn-Day, Katherine wrote:

> The smarties I grew up with (and still eat!)  are little round disks of
> candy about the size of a standard men's shirt button.  They come in little
> rolls of about 15 but have no chocolate at all.

> > this be
> > > >

> > If it's the Smarties I know, they are like small round M&Ms but with a
> > less rich
> > chocolate.  For anyone who grew up on them, they are a treat.
> >
> > Brenna

The sweet/sour non-chocolate kind is what I know as smarties.  We used to
hoard them after Halloween to use when we played "house", if someone was sick
and needed medecine, smarties looked enough like pills.  (Can you tell we were
a household with chronic illness?  Who else played "sick" when they played "house"?)

Bonne