SC - An unusual cooking method

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 19:06:33 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/11/98 8:55:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
THLRenata at aol.com writes:

<<
 Err, is it just me, or is there no mention of a heat source in this
 discription?

 Is the hay supposed to spontaneously combust? ;) In that case, wouldn't nice,
 dusty grain be better? ;)

 (This *is* supoosed to be humor but, hey --or *hay* -- it's early and maybe
 it's only funny to me. No offense intended. Really)

The author fails to tell you it should be freshly cut, green hay.  As it
cures, good quality, high protein hay produces a good deal of heat.  That's
why most farmers know to allow it to sit and dry for a day or two before
baling it.  Many a haybarn has been lost from too much green hay.

Mordonna