SC - Snowbirds

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Aug 13 17:05:53 PDT 1998

Adamantius said...
>Snowbirds are, as I understand it, New Yorkers (often Jewish, but not
>exclusively) who fly South (to Florida) for the winter.

Okay. It must be a geography thingy. Here is Cda, people who live 6 months
in Florida and 6 months here (guess which seasons) are called snowbirds.
Mostly its people (retirees) from Québec. The term originates from our boys
in the Snowbird Batallion who do trick and special flying. Maybe you've seen
them at an airshow near you at some point. I can't recall offhand what they
fly but they're fast and mean.

Of course perhaps the term also predates them as well.

M.