SC - Heifer project

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Sat Aug 15 20:56:17 PDT 1998

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> yep, this was a great program, where we attempted to increase the
> productivity of livestock in the 3rc world by sending them good quality
> cows, sheep, goats, etc. Problem was, people kept eating them and not using
> them for breeding. *sigh*....
>
> --AM

beg to differ, anne-marie!  of course, it didn't -always- work, and when
people are starving they eat their seed corn, too, but i was involved in a
project in korea that increased the family's income tenfold over five
years, and recently sent a nanny goat to a village in Senegal.  You have
no -idea- what a difference one goat can make to the nutrition of a whole
village.

elain