SC - Back from Pennsic - fairly long and rambling

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 19 12:20:10 PDT 1998

Hello Folks,

I'm Baaaaack!

Pennsic was pretty fun but I was far too busy to do the stuff I
really wanted to.

I missed Duchess Elina's class on lady fighters.

I didn't get to meet as many of the people on the list as I wanted.

I did walk past Cariadoc and greeted him pleasantly but he had no idea
who I was.

I missed Dame Alys and the party because by the time I saw
when and where it was held, it was the day after.

I did meet a couple of people at Ansteorran Chili night.

I didn't get to go down and meet Ras or attend ANY cooking classes. I was
especially interested in the group who had built the woodburning oven and
gave outdoor cooking classes every day.

I'm sorry I missed so much.

The weather was great and I did a lot of fighting.

Bought some spices from The Pepperers Guild.

Talked a lot of cooking and fighting.

Sorry about the whole Bounced message thing. By the time I got back to
fix it so was the lady.

And just WHAT the heck were you talking about all this time? Smarties and
Twinkies!? Funny Names?! Boy you kids run wild without semi-adult supervision!

> Our evil list administrator is now Baron Sir Evil List Administrator!

Oh yeah, that too.

> I met him Wednesday at the Ansteorran chili party. He's not evil at all.
> He's a really nice guy.

I am not! She caught me with a belly full of lava-grade chili and I wasn't
myself.

> Then I ran into him at a Meridies party on
> Thursday night and he had on a coronet. I asked if it was new and he
> responded "New? No. It's three hours old." A friend who was at Ansteorran
> court tells me his response was "baby bunny caught in the headlights."

It's just 'cause I was mad. I'd told the Crown that if they ever tried to
give me one of those things I would run screaming from the hall. So Their
Majesties positioned knights at all the exits when They called me forward.
I probably could have taken them except they had Count Sir William Miesko
(they don't call him "The Bear" for nothing) hold me down in a kneeling
position while they Blued my Blood.

> Congratulations and Vivat to Baron Sir Gunthar!

It does sound kinda evil, doesn't it?

But seriously, thank you for the nice words from all of you. I appreciate
it greatly.

Yers,

Gunthar