SC - Re: Back From Pennsic - Fairly Long and Rambling

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Aug 21 21:28:00 PDT 1998

Alys Katharine said:

>And _I_ had been looking forward to meeting this most Parfit Gentil
>Knight with the big purple cross on his middle.  Stefan li Rous said he
>was at Pennsic but I never saw him.  :-(  (Tried to download the
>website with his photo but my machine choked.)

Speaking of computer problems, I never did manage to get the Pennsic
class list Excel spreadsheet to download correctly. Did anyone else?
I really liked having the different formats of this list available.
There are just a few bugs to be worked out.

>So, how about next Pennsic?  If folk want to have the "party" at a
>private campsite, how about we all meet at an A&S tent and then trek
>there?  Or, did the tent work out okay for those who had to arrive
>"late" (such as His Grace Cariadoc)?  I left early to go to bed.  :-(

As I was one of those who arrived late because I had printed a message
that had it starting at 7pm, I would be concerned with the migration
to another spot. Although a map or directions might solve this. Or
mentioning where it will be and having someone lead anyone from the
A&S tent who wishes.

I'm real sorry I missed you and anyone else who left early. I'm also
sorry I missed the introductions.

>Alys Katharine, doing the Pennsic Class thing again next year.  Y'all
>come and teach next Pennsic, y'hear???

Alys, you *are* being masochistic. I hope you will at least assemble
some assistants to help you. Or do you have some that you have been
training? The classes this year were wonderful with much fewer missing
instructors than I remember from Pennsic XXV. The number of classes
running at one time was truely amazing. To an outside observer things
seemed to go amazingly well for the hugh undertaking it was.

Since I may have worked out how to get there by airline, I will contact
you later to see if you would like a hands-on pewter casting class using
carved soapstone molds. This class has been quite popular at the two
Gulf Wars that I have taught it at.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net