SC - Buying (using & preparing) Woad

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Aug 24 15:31:17 PDT 1998

Hey from Anne-Marie
we are asked:
> >Can you tell me where I could possibly buy woad seeds. I would love to
try
> >growing this. Our climate is somewhat similar to Scotland so perhaps
I'll
> >have some luck.

In washington state, woad is a noxious weed and its against the law to
cultivate it. There's a master gardner here in the Seattle area though that
has a special dispensation and she's had some wodnerful results with it as
a dye. She says it tastes nasty though...

you can email her at avagard at halcyon.com. Her name is Leticia.

good luck!
- --AM