SC - Feast profits?

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Aug 25 07:04:16 PDT 1998

>NOT IN SKRAEL IT ISN'T. The idea of profit from feast is just a weird
>concept. Isn't making a profit also against the "not for profit"
>status we
>enjoy in the sca? I'm not too sure about this but I think so.
>
>Micaylah

No. That's not what "not for profit" means. It's okay to make some profit
on events. After all, how else would groups have the money to pay for
things: feast cooking and serving gear, hay bales and targets for archery
practice, printing and postage for fliers sent to prospective new
members, etc. Plus front money for the next event. Look at it this way:
It's almost impossible to break exactly even at an event. So you either
make a little money or you lose a little money. Isn't it better to make a
little money? I personally have a problem with groups that have a
treasury worth half the National Debt, but under the rules, if the money
is earmarked to be used for valid expenses in the SCA at some time in the
future, it's okay to have it.

Julleran