SC - Food Handlers License

Wolfger von Sibenburgen wolfgervon at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 07:32:29 PDT 1998

- ---DebFlatley at aol.com wrote:

> Hello good gentles of the list!

> I have been following this thread and its seems to
> me that some gentles are confusing licensing with
> certification.  To my way of thinking, licensing
> usually involves registring with some level of
> goverment authority.   Certification OTOH, would
> involve training or education by a recognized
> professional.
> Bebinn
   <snip>

True,

  As one of those who accidentaly caused confusion
origianally, what I should have said was certificate.

  Let me state, as one of the proponents of
certification, that I will happily eat at any feast
if the Steward has knowledge of food saftey practices.
Whether or not they have a certificate. If I seemed
a little . . . over certification happy, I guess
six years in fast food left an effect. <grin> (I'll
also say for the record, that some of those places
I worked, you could not drag me into!)

Wolfger