SC - Marinated Mushrooms

meadhbh at io.com meadhbh at io.com
Wed Aug 26 20:04:52 PDT 1998

Here is the recipe for the mushrooms. I was given this recipe from my friend Master Basilicus in the Midrealm.  It is wonderful.Let me know how you like it!
Meadhbh

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Marinated Mushrooms

Recipe By     : Master Basilicus
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:02
Categories    : Appetizer                        Vegetables

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      pound         mushrooms
                        water
                        white vinegar
     1/4  cup           olive oil
   2      teaspoons     salt
   2      cloves        garlic -- quartered
   1      teaspoon      ground mace
                        white vinegar

Clean 1 pound of mushrooms (with 1/2 inch caps). Place mushrooms in a sauce pan and cover with equal amounts of water and white vinegar.  Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.

Drain and cool mushrooms.  When cool, pack in a jar or plastic pail (large batch) with spice mixture.  Cover mushrooms with white vinegar.  Store in refrigerator for 2 days.
Serve cold.