SC - Gotta quick question

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Aug 30 12:54:03 PDT 1998

Adamantius,

I think thats what I'll do.  This dressing is so good that I sure don't want
to compromise the flavour in any way, even if it is OOP.

I guess I'm just getting too organized! (can you say extreme organization?)
I should slow down so that I do have something to do at the site, aye?

Thanks

Micaylah

****************************

>Micaylah wrote:
>>
>> Hi the List...
>>
>> Just a quick question...
>>
>> Can I freeze a salad dressing with oilive and canola oils in it? Don't want
>> to come across too stupid but better safe than...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Micaylah
>
>Uh, yeah, you can, but why would you want to? Most vinaigrettes will keep at
>least a few days without refrigeration (at least those without eggs or cream,
>etc., which means, well, almost all). Added to that is the fact that when you
>freeze such a sauce you will lose any emulsification between water (vinegar,
>lemon, etc.) phase and oil phase. It would probably be easier to just make the
>stuff on site. Find somebody who fights with a mace or a short sword, hand
>this person a whisk and set him/her to work!
>
>Adamantius

"It has to be a linguistics professor who said that it's mans ability to use
language that makes us the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But
I think there's one other thing that separates us from other animals. We
aren't afraid of the vacuum cleaner!"  :)