SC - Crown feast

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 19:09:56 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/31/98 11:24:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<<  have someone who wants to
 > do an edible castle for the head table.  I would LOVE to hear
 > suggestions/comments on this. >>

A few years ago Lady Tasine made a huge castle out of gingerbread panels. It
had a working drawbridge and marzipan figures doing everyday life in the
castle> archers, soldiers, etc. They forgot to take into account the width of
the doorway at their house when constructing it and had to remove the door
frame to get it out of the house and into the van.

The castle flew flags of various heraldic designs and was lit from withing
somehow....tea candles come to mind although i may be mistaken. Less than 15
minutes after it was placed in the hall an 'unruly' 12 yr. old completely
destroyed it because quote> "My daddy said that us kids could tear it apart
later". <gasp>

Ras