SC - oop - Jewish Fried Chicken

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 20:58:58 PDT 1998

I found this recipe in The International Jewish Cook Book.  Published 1918 in
New York.  The author and compiler is Mrs. Florence K. Greenroom.  My copy is
not in excellent condition, and I cannot find the name of a publisher.

Fried Spring Chicken

Cut it up as for fricassee and see that every piece is wiped dry.  Have ready
heated in a spider some goose-fat or other poultry drippings.  Season each
piece of chicken with salt and ground ginger, or pepper.  Roll each piece of
chicken in sifted cracker or bread crumbs (which you have previously seasoned
with salt) Fry in the spider, turning often, and browning evenly.  You may cut
up some parsley and add while frying.  If the chicken is quite large, it is
better to steam it before frying

Mordonna