SC - Kitchen steward

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Mon Aug 3 21:00:39 PDT 1998

> Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:
> > I once put a Viscount to KP duty.

The "worst" I ever did was throw a tea-towel at the Lochac Princess.  In
my defense, I had a sign up outside the kitchen "anyone entering this
room WILL be given a tea-towel".  A person entered just as some
washing-up was being done, so I whipped around and threw a tea-towel at
them.  I saw the tea-towel his the chest of a person with a pointy hat.
She turned around with her nose and air and walked straight back  out.

At different times and different events (in different groups) I have
often ended up sharing a chopping board or washing up water with a
Vicountess, Laurel or Pel (or combination thereof) or other commoners
like myself.

I think that is one of the best thing about a kitchen, we are all equal
doing the jobs the head cook has assigned for us.  If a person cannot
tolerate that, then they don't belong in my kitchen.

Arrogant maybe, but I know the type of people I want to be around, and
they don't stand on ceremony or their hats !

Meliora.