SC - Kids and feasts

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Aug 5 17:13:49 PDT 1998

> - HOWEVER, I would utterly disagree with serving them hotdogs
> or hamburgers.  There is so much fun period food you can serve to kids
> which they just love; hedgehogs for example, and just about any subtelty
> you can think of will go down a treat.

As the mother of a 4 year old girl and aunt to a 2 year old and 6 year old, you're obviously thinking of the 6 year old.  Put a subtelty in front of
the other two and you get anything from a "yuck" to a scream to something thrown across the room.  Serving the more innocuous things from feast mixed
with readily identified kid foods is the way to go.  Having done both, kids under 6, or even 15 in the really picky ones, won't touch an unfamiliar
food or a familiar food prepared other than the usual way.

Brenna
(who hopes that some mean-spirited child NEVER tells her daughter that venison is Bambi's mother-- I didn't eat it for 4 years after that!)