SC - American Food

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Aug 5 23:15:35 PDT 1998

>If you are going to eat American, save your taste buds for fresh
>blueberries, pure maple syrup, sourdough, strawberry shortcakes and
>the like!
>
>Rowan

Don't forget fresh corn-on-the-cob, key-lime pie, pecan pie, BBQ,
Brunswick Stew, cole slaw, egg salad (egads, sounds like a picnic!)  And
who needs twinkies?  We have Reese's Cups!  Peanut Butter and Chocolate,
two great taste sensations.  I also love chocolate and mint, and often
thought that if you could find a good way to mix all three, you might
have the perfect food.  (But I am skeptical of finding a good way to mix
the three!)
 My lord would add hot peppers to the list, especially Tobasco sauce and
it's descendants.
I also think that Jello's flavors are regional.  Do they have Watermelon
flavor up North?
All those wonderful food groups that aren't available to our period
cuisine, sigh.
	Christianna
	(who should be getting ready to leave for Pennsic, instead of
reading email.  All this reminds me that I should go and buy some
Coca-Cola before we leave.  Here in the Land of South Downs Dark Ale
[Atlanta, Ga. is the world headquarters for Coke] a six-pack goes for .99
(on sale days) to 1.99.  In PA, it can be 3.50 and up!)