SC - Lamingtons and kids' food

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 7 11:35:38 PDT 1998

Hello the list!

Meliora, why don't you send your Twinkie-benefactor some snowballs
and a packet of quandong jelly in return?

As to children, I've only come across one person who was genuinely
fussy about food.  My 10 nieces and nephews are all fine - most of
them got onto marzipan and olives at about 3 y.o., and have continued
in that vein ever since.  Actually the last time I saw the 10 year-
old she was frying porridge for afternoon tea (that was 2 years ago -
I'm told she makes really good filo pastry now, _every week_).  As I
said, I've only come across one person who was genuinely difficult to
prepare food for (I don't count allergies - they're fun to work
around):  he has a total diet of about 5 items, and all of them have
to be shop-bought.  I didn't realise how deeply the guest-law is
ingrained until he came to stay for a week the first time.  And he's
30 years old.  Please, don't let anyone's kids turn out like this.

Cairistiona

Dr. Ian van Tets
Dept. of Zoology
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701 RSA

ph: +27 +21 650 3641 (w), 650 3301 (fax), 47 5324 (H)