SC - So ya wanna Twinkie :)

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Aug 7 05:13:21 PDT 1998

>	*Have you ever lived outside of the States Adamantius? You are
>known
>for certain unrefutable things....
>	-Baseball
>	-Mom
>	-Apple Pie
>	-The development and refining of capitalism
>	-The right to bear arms.... and the right to arm bears....
>	-Freedom of speech
>	&
>	-Twinkies.
>
>	Sorry sweetie, apparently they are important to your culture.

>Micaylah

Actually, I don't think Twinkies are as important to our culture as the
idea of Twinkies is important! I don't know anyone (over the age of about
12) that actually likes the stupid things. They were just so cool when
they first came out that we ate them when we were kids and they have
become a part of our culture, even our  vocabulary. Ever heard the
phrase..."That was a Twinkie argument (or fill in the blank)." meaning
having no substance. Every once in a while adults I know have nostalgia
binges and go out and buy the things, but they rarely finish them. I
actually bought a box on sale one time so my kids could experience them
for the first time. I threw out most of the box. My kids wouldn't even
eat them. There must be people out there who eat them, or Hostess
wouldn't continue to make them, but I guess everyone I know (most of them
Scadian) have better taste than that!

Julleran