SC - Pizza Abroad and Madrone CG

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 10:32:24 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/6/98 4:00:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu writes:

<< What is your personal definition of the word "rich" when it comes
 to food?

 It's one of those weird words that gives me twitches--I have
 three or four like that :-) --I guess because the meaning is so
 inexact.  The baseline definition would seem to be "something
 high in fat".  Why not just say "fatty"?  Others use it to mean
 "very sweet", "with lumps of stuff in it", or "filling".

All of the above??  That dear lady, Aunt Ruth, who taught me so much about
cooking seemed to believe that if it could give you indigestion it was too
rich.

Mordonna