SC - An unusual cooking method

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 08:52:02 PDT 1998

Micaylah writes:

>>This method of cooking involves digging a hole, lining it with hay, placing
the cooking stew in the hole (in a pot...duh!), and packing the hay in and
burying it for several hours. :) The flavour of the heated hay permeates the
stew and makes for a wonderful meal.<<

Err, is it just me, or is there no mention of a heat source in this
discription?

Is the hay supposed to spontaneously combust? ;) In that case, wouldn't nice,
dusty grain be better? ;)

(This *is* supoosed to be humor but, hey --or *hay* -- it's early and maybe
it's only funny to me. No offense intended. Really)

Renata