SC - RE: cheese

Wed Aug 12 07:42:09 PDT 1998

You might wish to add:

Cheshire           54BC  "Julius Caesar discovers the Britons making..."
Gruyere            1722   "introduced into France"

Referenced in Trager, James, The Food Chronology.

You can also add Trager to the references for Camembert and Roquefort.

The dates look reasonably accurate from a couple minor forays into cheese
history, but I would consider them working dates, subject to change when
confronted with better evidence.  I'll tuck your list into the notebook for
future reference.

Bear

> Therefore I present, for your entertainment, criticism, amusement and use
> the following chart of cheeses:

	<list deleted>