SC - Safe temperatures (was: Cooking meat in coolers)

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Aug 12 10:16:34 PDT 1998

Wolfger said....
Well, the "temperature danger zone" is between 40 and 140 degrees F. As
long as your food stays out of this area, you are pretty safe. Aslo note:
Food
should not be in the danger zone for any longer that 4 hours TOTAL.
Cumulative. From the time it is bought till it is served.

The other important thing is to keep everything clean. Water with a touch of
bleach or antibacterial soap is a must in any kitchen.

	Thank you for the small lesson on kitchen practices but you still
didn't really answer my question.

	Perhaps I should rephrase it.

	Given the properties inherent in cooking poultry, would it be wise
to further cook it in a cooler where the "temperature danger zone" may be
attained?

	Please don't feel that I am being vacuous here, I just like the idea
and am exploring the possibility while still not wanting to poison my
friends.

	I may be a little touchy about this at the moment because I am still
suffering from some bad Gnochhi (sp?) on Monday night <spew!> :)

	Thanks
	Micaylah