SC - What's been happening?

upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Aug 17 09:04:55 PDT 1998

     All,  I have missed following the sca-cooks list for the last 8 weeks.  Did
     I miss anything important?
     I was cooking with a friend on June 28th for the Northern event on July 3rd
     weekend.  I only turned my back on the dog for a couple of minutes -- she
     knocked a container of grease on the floor.  When I went back to the
     kitchen, I slipped, fell, and broke my leg just below the knee.  Had
     surgery on the 29th to put the bone back together with metal rods, screws
     and nuts & bolts.  Two AWFUL weeks care of the local medical hilton, the
     food was inedible most of the time (Hell for a good cook!).  Two more weeks
     recovering at home.  I'm finally back at my job 1/2 days until the end of
     August.  My friend said my name should go down in history - when the EMT's
     arrived to cart me off, I was checking the bread in the oven and I made
     them take it out before we left!
     I wondered if anyone still wanted sourdough starter recipes?  I have
     several.  Leanna of Sparrowhaven